Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Blog Blahs

I have the "blog blahs"...I am sure if you blog, you know what I mean. I just don't feel like blogging too much right now...I don't want to give up my blog because I am hoping this is just a phase that will pass as it has before. And I really like reading your blogs and I get mad when you don't post....But really I am just not into it these days. Probably just because I am so busy and the blog feels like one more thing that I need to get done that I don't have time to do...Kind of like the Christmas stocking that I HAVE to cross-stitch for Elizabeth before December, because I cross-stitched one for Gabriel back in the day before I had a kid and things like cross-stitching were fun and not a chore:( I really have to start working on it but damn I just don't want to! If I could find someone, I would probably pay them to do it for me, and pass the work off as my own..isn't that horrible? I love having kids, it is the best thing in the world..but let me tell you...make sure you are ready for things not to be all about yourself anymore before you have kids...have your fun and be selfish while you can...not that you never get to have fun anymore, but it is fun in a different way....I remember when we had just gotten married and Cedric was always at work at night and on the weekends...I was always trying to stay busy and find things to do to keep from being bored...yeah, that has happened in 3 1/2 years...I would LOVE TO BE BORED!!!!!! But I digress...

Things here are good. Cedric is plugging along with nursing school and will get a summer break in mid-July when we will be heading to the beach. He is working his ass off, I am very proud of him. The kiddos are out of daycare for the summer as of this week, and staying with grammy and papaw full-time. They are going to be ROTTEN by August! My job is going well, just keeping my fingers crossed that my program doesn't get axed in the new budget. Elizabeth is 6 months old now. She can sit up on her own and loves playing on the floor with her toys. Still no teeth. She had a great 6 month check-up. She is eating lots of fruits and veggies and drinking water out of a sippy cup. Saying "da da" and babbling lots of other things too! She is really a lot of fun these days! Gabriel is full of energy and loving summertime. He spends most of his time in the pool or playing outside. He has swimming lessons next week and is really looking forward to those.

We are looking forward to celebrating Father's Day this weekend. Then next weekend, MeMe and I are hitting the road to Chapel Hill for a Blogger Babe Reunion weekend with Susan! Cannot wait to get away and have a little fun (and maybe a few drinks too)! Last year when I met Susan in Chapel Hill I was preggo so no good Japanese beers with my sushi...but this year, bring on the Sapporo!!!! After that it will almost be July 4th, beach trip in mid-July, 4 seasons reunion in late July...campmeeting...Wow, fall will be here before I know it!

Stay cool and I hope to find some inspiration soon :)

2 comments:

Susan said...

Morgan,

I have been thinking about our weekend pretty much daily, {hourly} for about a week now.
This past week at school is kicking my butt!
Can't wait to see you,
your babies are so sweet {looking} and just beautiful, that is why you have to keep blogging...b/c we get to see them! :)

Laura Smith said...

I want to come too!!! LOVE YOU! I am in the same blogging boat...it is about sunk! I am so far behind that I feel hopeless. I hope ya'll have a fun time this weekend.