Friday, April 18, 2008

100 Things About Me:

1) I was born in Mooresville, NC on March 28, 1978...that makes me 30 years old!
2) I have one son, Gabriel, born on January 10 of this year, which is my parents anniversary.
3) I love to read and usually read about 1 book per week.
4) My favorite color is red.
5) I am a dog lover and prefer some dogs over their owners.
6) I took karate lessons when I was a kid.
7) I like to cook.
8) Growing up, I always wanted to be a vet.
9) My family is the most important thing to me.
10) I played basketball, volleyball, and did track/field in high school.
11) The Carribean is the best place that I have visited so far.
12) My favorite meal is sushi with a Sapporo.
13) I love Fantasy perfume by Brittany Spears, although I cannot stand her!
14) I could lay by the beach under an umbrella reading all day long and never get bored.
15) I really like to shop, but can't shop with just anyone.
16) I prefer to shop with my mom or Cedric.
17) I have way too many pairs of shoes and handbags!
18) I love UNC and hate DOOK!
19) I watch NFL football every Sunday, even by myself when Cedric is at work.
20) I prefer beer over liquor.
21) Popcorn is my most favorite food.
22) I like wearing makeup.
23) I like to stay in my pjs all day sometimes.
24) Hooded sweatshirts are my favorite items of clothing. A close 2nd are long-sleeve tee shirts.
25) I hope to be the kind of parents to Gabriel that my mom and dad have been to me.
26) I had my tonsils removed the summer after my freshman year of college.
27) I would like to sing in the choir at church someday.
28) I love my dog Rocky more than anyone could imagine and would do most anything for him.
29) I enjoy decorating.
30) I wish I was a little taller (and thinner of course)!
31) I have colored my hair since high school and will probably do so for the rest of my life.
32) I can cook a turkey for Thanksgiving.
33) I know how to knit and cross-stitch.
34) I hope to have a garden someday.
35) I love to go to the movies and have popcorn and sour candy for my dinner.
36) I love Vera Bradley purses, but not one particular pattern.
37) I wear contacts.
38) I am a "people person".
39) Being a mother is more wonderful than I could have ever imagined (and harder too!)
40) An ice cream cone from McDonalds is one of my favorite treats.
41) I don't understand why dogs can't go everywhere people can, as long as they are well-behaved!
42) I can make delicious hot pepper jelly.
43) My mom is my best friend.
44) I am definitely a daddy's girl.
45) I love the South and can't see myself living anywhere else.
46) I never thought I would move back to my hometown, but I did, and I love living here.
47) I miss my Mamaw Lib and my dog Fritz every day, and not a day goes by that I do not think of both of them.
48) I love Cedric with all my heart and cannot imagine my life without him in it.
49) I am so glad I now have a reason to buy children's books, because I LOVE them.
50) I want to know how to make yeast rolls and authentic Italian red sauce.
51) I collect Willow Tree figurines.
52) I have 3 punch bowls, and have to stop myself from buying more!
53) I love to entertain people at our home.
54) Rainbows are my favorite kind of shoe and I have them in all colors; light and dark brown, black, blue, and red.
55) I floss every day!
56) I worry about my parents getting older.
57) I think I want 2 more children.
58) I love black and white photographs.
59) I enjoy plants and hope to learn more about them.
60) I live in my great-grandparents old house.
61) I drink Yuban coffee at home and can't stand any other kind.
62) I only like Hunt's ketchup and Duke's mayonaise.
63) My dream car is an old Jeep Grand Wagoneer with wood paneled sides.
64) I cannot drive a straight drive and don't really care to learn.
65) If I won the lottery, I would hire a driver to take me around because I hate to drive.
66) I had never changed diaper or given a bottle to a baby before Gabriel.
67) I don't make my bed every day.
68) I love polka dots.
69) My favorite beer is Red Oak and it is very hard to find around here!
70) I wish my friends Cynthia, Laura, and Brianne could all live closer to me.
71) I don't want to go back to work, but am so grateful that I have been able to stay home with Gabriel this long.
72) My favorite holiday is Christmas.
73) I have 2 Christmas trees now, and will probably add a third when we move to a bigger place.
74) I will never forget my wedding day.
75) I collect wine corks for 2 craft projects I am working on.
76) I can't wait to take Gabriel to Disney World.
77) My favorite milkshake is a cherry cheescake one from Cook Out.
78) I have a few regrets in my life, but I imagine that eveyone does.
79) I am a morning person, Cedric is a night owl.
80) I think it is better to be over dressed for an event than under dressed.
81) My mom and I can make homemade dill pickles that are almost as good as my Papaw Lewis made (but not quite).
82) I like things with alligators on them.
83) I am not a big wearer of yellow gold jewelry, I prefer sterling silver or white gold.
84) I have 2 tattoos and would like 1 more (sorry dad).
85) I always wanted a nose ring.
86) I love shower gel from Bath and Body Works.
87) I love wrapping gifts.
88) I love to sit on the front porch and swing.
89) I cry very easily.
90) The two places I would most like to visit are Africa and Hawaii.
91) I like boxers over briefs.
92) I love the smells of eucalyptus and gardenia, and have both plants outside (they were planted by my great-grandmother Clyde.
93) I have tons of candles all over my house.
94) My toenails are usually painted red, but I bite my fingernails.
95) I don't know why, but I love to watch the show "Little People, Big World".
96) I love the name Isabel, but Cedric hates it, so I guess that won't be what my little girl is named if we ever have one.
97) I am a Republican, although I am very liberal on some issues.
98) There aren't many foods that I don't like, and I especially love vegetables.
99) There is nothing like a tomato sandwich made with Duke's mayo and a home-grown tomato.
100) I feel so blessed and am so thankful for my life.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOUR NEW BLOG STYLE!!! Now, I am going to go read your post :)

Love the color, the header and the picture!!!! Perfect! I love it!

Anonymous said...

I like your post-that's a neat idea for an entry-Now I want to do one! So fun!!

I LOVE your hot pepper jelly.

Did not know about the choir thing. My friend Tyler does not believe I was in All County Chorus and thinks my voice is terrible now. I really think by not pracitcing I have lost it :(.

Talk to you soon!

TBG Happenings said...

Love your new blog name:)

hmmmm you never made me hot pepper jelly???!!

lets get together soon as school is out...we will have to talk to Jenn!


or call me when you are in Raleigh

Anonymous said...

HEY MOOO...i have beeen bloggging:)
www.ilovelucysig.blogspot.com
LoveYOU