And I am wide awake...Rocky got me up to go out to the bathroom and while he was out, I hopped on the computer and read a few blogs (My friend's MeMe and Susan's)...of course after reading them, my mind is wandering and I am WIDE awake...Meme, let me tell you, your blog is SOOO interesting and I swear if you would write a book you WOULD get a book deal, you are an amazing writer! Sus, I just love your blog too and reading it makes me so happy and makes you feel so close to me even though we are miles apart. I read your blog and I swear I usually laugh out loud! Here are some of my thoughts this early morning after reading "As My World Turns" and "Ay Que Vida":
1) People's lives usually seem much better on facebook, google, etc. People portray their lives as being much more happy, interesting, etc. than it probably is in reality...Mease, your old boyfriend is probably cheating on his wife or running up a gazillion dollars in on-line gambling debts! Sometimes fbook makes me sick because I read it and think there is no way people are as happy as the junk they write on there....and in reality they are probably not...but hey, if it makes them feel good to write that crap, so be it...I will probably just block them from my feeds so I don't have to read that junk :) For example, there is someone on there now writing all about how they lost all this weight and this new product for losing weight and everytime I read about it, I just want to barf...I need to lose some weight but don't want to be constantly reminded of that...I need to block this junk! Meme, I think the answer to your question is this...Yep, we all were probably a little happier before google, fbook, etc...you know the old saying, Ignorance is bliss! Sometimes it is just better NOT to know!
2) It is OK to feel sorry for yourself every now and then...Meme, you totally deserve to whine and feel sad and ask why the hell me? with regards to Pete. And the people that care about you do not mind at all hearing about this. And anyone that would snicker about what happened to you deserves a good ass kicking...you know I always have your back! The main thing I get down about is not having a house yet...I really thought by now I would be living in a house my daddy built and I am not...Ceddy lost his job a few years ago, went back to school, and things have just taken longer than we originally planned....and I get down about that at times and am jealous at times of what others have...but I have to keep reminding myself that it is just a house made of mortar, bricks, etc. It is not a living thing. I am so forunate to have a great hubby and kids, a wonderful family, friends, my health, a job, etc...And I will get that house someday (hopefully pretty soon, wink wink :)
3)I totally agree with my friend Susan, life is all about the people. Stay in touch with friends and make more of an effort to talk and see those that you care about as much as you can. I am so glad that I moved back to my hometown so that I and my kiddos can be around my mom and dad...I think it would be so sad if we only got to see each other a few times a year...Life is just too damn short to not be around the people that you love.....And I am SO happy when I get to see my friends. Spending the weekend with Meme and Susan in Chapel Hill in June just did my heart and soul good. I felt so like MYSELF being around them. Sometimes I am too much in the role of being a mommy and working that I lose myself and who I am...I need to find more ways to bring ME into my everyday life. I am SO looking forward to spending the weekend with my season's girls this weekend. I am sure I will laugh so much that I cry! And I know my liver is going to be aching from all the drinks I am going to drink--I went to the ABC store today :) And I already miss them! A few days is NEVER enough!
4) Never ever settle. Meme, you deserve someone as wonderful as Pete and as wonderful as you are. I believe with all my heart that Mr Right #2 is going to pop into your life when you are least expecting it! And I will be right there along side you, making sure he treats you like gold!!! Everyone deserves to be with someone they love, to have the job they want, etc. Don't settle for less than what you want and deserve. Marriage is tough...I love Ceddy with all my heart, but some days I want to claw his eyes out! I can't imagine living in a house with someone who I had "settled" for...it is hard enough living with someone I am most of the time crazy about :)
OK, I think I have got all that off my mind now, so I am heading back to bed! Thanks Sus and MeMe for getting me wide awake at 3! But hey, at least it gave me something good to blog about. I love you girls both very much!
4 comments:
Morgan,
This is so crazy...your blog update did not show up in my sidebar, but I went to your blog b/c I was gonna say...uhhh..where are you girlie??
Anyway, as usual, I agree with all three of your swirly thoughts!! I love you, my treasured friend!
No, I have not been drinking...except coffee..it's 8:13 in the AM!! :)
I hope I remember all the points.
I am with you on Facebook. I want to do some blogs on this subject! I have to block feeds a lot, there are a lot of braggers (or debbie downers). I am trying google plus (more on that later). I keep thinking of blog ideas now! See you should blog more. Also,on the weight loss, here is what I have learned. You can lose a ton of weight with these fads. But can you continue doing this forever? Prob not...sooo..it's best just to do something consistent you will do the rest of your life. Perez Hitlon lost 70 lbs and said he just exercised and dieted better-it was more gradual but it happened. I mean, I ahve thought about buying Alli but if you can't take it the rest of your life (which you prob cant) I would not be able to keep it off.
I agree, that weekend was great. I felt really relaxed. Like why don't I take the time to go to a cupcake store or shop at Ulta more? I don't pamper myself like I used to and I need to do that more. I need to do more stuff for me again!
I forget what else but good points and please keep blogging!!!!!
I hope I remember all the points.
I am with you on Facebook. I want to do some blogs on this subject! I have to block feeds a lot, there are a lot of braggers (or debbie downers). I am trying google plus (more on that later). I keep thinking of blog ideas now! See you should blog more. Also,on the weight loss, here is what I have learned. You can lose a ton of weight with these fads. But can you continue doing this forever? Prob not...sooo..it's best just to do something consistent you will do the rest of your life. Perez Hitlon lost 70 lbs and said he just exercised and dieted better-it was more gradual but it happened. I mean, I ahve thought about buying Alli but if you can't take it the rest of your life (which you prob cant) I would not be able to keep it off.
I agree, that weekend was great. I felt really relaxed. Like why don't I take the time to go to a cupcake store or shop at Ulta more? I don't pamper myself like I used to and I need to do that more. I need to do more stuff for me again!
I forget what else but good points and please keep blogging!!!!!
Man, I miss Morgan! You always say it like it is. I gets all these emails from people like Oprah and Martha Stewart. Sometimes I want to say, but you don't have to be cheery everyday...that would be fake, or insane. Love you girl!
Post a Comment