Wednesday, April 22, 2009

For Susan :)

I know a lot of you are wondering what is going on with the new job, so here is the scoop on things! I went to Morganton on Monday to do paperwork, get keys, name badge made, fill out benefits stuff, etc. Plus I got to pick out the desk that I want for the house and my boss and I went to Staples to pick out my computer, printer, keyboard, etc. He and his wife took me out to lunch and I really think he is going to be a GREAT guy to work for. Very laid back, good sense of humor, and best of all, he is an SLP! My big boss from Raleigh was supposed to travel here to do some training with me this week, and then I was supposed to go back with her to Raleigh on Thursday to do some other things and to get my state car....BUT....Due to the nasty state of NC budget issues, the state right now is on travel restrictions, meaning noone can travel. She can't come here, I can't go there. So basically this week I am doing some readings, watching training videos, and looking at pertinent stuff on the Internet until this travel issue resolves. Also waiting on the people to come here and set up the additional phone line, get my new cell phone, etc. That is all in the works, but let me tell you, the state of NC moves very SLOWLY! Hopefully if the money comes through on the computer we picked out, I will go to Raleigh next Wednesday to get my computer all set up. I am not required to do this because I cannot be reimbursed for it, but I had planned on going to visit Laura, T Bone and Baby T Bone anyways so it will all work out! So that is the scoop, nothing too exciting to tell until all this budget mess gets worked out!

1 comment:

Susan said...

thanks morgan!
sounds like a slow start--but that is probably a good thing. ;).