Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Still Here, Just Been Slackin'

I have not been doing that great on my blogging lately, but we have been BUSY! Last week, we headed over to my Aunt Carol's to learn how to make homemade mints. My great-aunt Laura has made these for years, and I have always LOVED them (and assumed they were very difficult to make)...She taught Carol to make them this past year, and Carol taught me! They really aren't hard to make and I am so happy that I can now make them. Gabriel had a blast playing with Parker and Peyton, and then Uncle Mike came home and got to play a little too. It was so much fun!

We spent the weekend playing a lot outside and in Gabriel's little pool. He loves the water and I can't wait to spend next week at the beach so he can spend a lot of time in the big pool! And, I finally finished cross-stitching his Christmas stocking...it is just like the one my mom did for me and Zach when we were born. Now, I just have to find some red velvet fabric for the back, and take it to the seamstress to sew it into a stocking! I am so excited, it really turned out great and I have been working on it since before he was born!

This week, we have been running around making sure we have everything we need for our trip to the beach. We went out to dinner with Zach and Nicole tonight, since they aren't coming with us to the beach this year. Nicole is doing good, she is having some morning sickness but is hanging in there! Mom and Pete are coming over tomorrow to hang out with us and have lunch, and we are looking forward to seeing Melissa and Pete while we are at the beach (they are going to be down at Myrtle next week too!).

2 comments:

Laura Smith said...

Morgan- Sorry I missed your call tonight! CRAZY game we are playing!!

I can't believe he is 6 months old with a tooth!!!!!!!! He is so so cute! I hope I can make it to Terrell soon to see my favorite baby!

Susan said...

Morgan,

Have fun at the beach!
He is so precious.
I LOVE that age!!
Andy and I are going to the mnts. the first weekend of August.
I would love to see ya'll!!
We could just do like a pass-through lunch or something??
Susan