Thursday, January 17, 2008

1 Week Old!!!!

Gabriel is one week old today and I cannot believe how quickly this week has passed! We are all doing great...Gabriel had his first doctor appointment on Tuesday. He has already gained back up and even past his birth weight, and is 8 lbs. 4 1/2 oz. The doc said this is great and that everything seems healthy! I guess he is getting enough to eat! Breastfeeding is really going well so far for us. We have spent the week at home just staying snuggly, except for the doctor appt. and one trip over to my mom and dads. It snowed here last night, about an inch (enough to look pretty), and has been sleeting all day. Cedric goes to work on Saturday..He is working Saturday, Sunday and Monday (it is a holiday weekend so he should be busy) and then will be back at home with us next Tuesday-Friday. I am already dreading him leaving! It is just so fun to be here all together. Rocky has really adjusted so well to Gabriel, I was worried for nothing. He is a very protective big brother! I finally put some pictures together this morning, so enjoy! Being a mommy is like nothing I could have ever imagined! It is like I cannot even imagine what I did before this precious baby was around! For all of you who are wondering, yes, I am changing diapers, even the poopy ones! I am not that good at it yet, but I get better each day! I am glad I waited and that Gabriel's diaper was the first I ever changed, he was worth the wait!!!!!

3 comments:

Unmadebeds said...

Morgan,
He really is sooo cute! (and wide awake!) That picture of him looking at Cedric is priceless. Glad to hear things are going well. Can't wait to meet him!

TBG Happenings said...

such a cutie! I love the pic with your mom....she is a natural grandma:)

Enjoy this time it goes so quick!

Michelle Day said...

I've told you before, I'll say it again...congrats mom and dad!!! Thank you for thinking of me on e-mail :-)