Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Animal Kingdom-Day 3

Day 3 was our day at Animal Kingdom!  There were "magic hours" that day, which meant it opened one hour earlier for those staying at Disney resorts, and we were there when the gates opened.  The park is dividived into several areas that are pretty spread out-Asia, Africa, Dino Land, etc.  It is a lot roomier than in the Magic Kingdom which was nice for our large group on 11 with the 4 strollers! We headed straight to the safari ride.  Wow, I loved it!  It was cool since it was early and the animals were out all over the place.  A rhino even walked right in front of our vehicle!  According to our driver, we got to see a LOT of animals than most do.  It was so neat to be right out in the middle of things. The Animal Kingdom was not around the last time I visited Disney (only 20 years ago mind you!).  It could be my 2nd favorite park (first is the MK of course).  The safari ride was awesome, I love the Yeti rollercoaster (we rode it 3 times), and I also really liked the water ride.  We got SOAKED but ended up just riding it again because we were already so wet.  It took me all day to dry out.  I highly recommend ponchos. Which I had in my backpack by the way.  But Cedric talked me out of getting them!  Lesson learned.  The next time I got on a water ride (Splash Mountain), I had my poncho on!  We did the festival of the Lion King Show which was good.  But after seeing the real show "Lion King", I was not really that impressed. We had a late lunch at the Rainforest Cafe, did "It's A Bug Life" show, then watched the afternoon parade.




Can you see the hippo noses?


Me and my sweetie

Here is our group in front of the Tree of Life!


Riding the Yeti with Zach

Mom and Dad in front of Expedition Everest (aka the Yeti)

Riding the Yeti with Gabriel

Waiting in line to meet Pluto and Goofy


In Dino Land




 After the afternoon parade, we headed over to Epcot for dinner in Germany. Izzie konked out and had a good little nap in her stroller. We rode Spaceship Earth then had time to do the boat ride in Mexico before our reservation at Biergarten. I even had time for a beer. I loved our dinner in Germany.  Nicole and Cedric and the kids were not too happy with the food, but it was what I expected.  I thought it was great!  All kinds of sausages, kraut, slaws, beets, etc. And I had berriers with bavarian cream for dessert that was so good.  Plus LITER sized beers!  I mean where else but Germany can you order a liter sized beer!  Zach and I priced the steins in the shops but decided they were a little too pricey for our taste. The entertainment in the restaurant was a blast too! A bunch of older men wearing those cute little outfits playing instruments and singing/yodeling (can't remember what those outfits are called but Clark Griswold gets one the National Lampoon's European Vacation).  The kids and I hit the dance floor and had a ball!  After dinner, it was really looking like a big storm was going to hit.  I stayed with the strollers while Ceddy and the kids rode the Viking ship in Norway and then we called it a day.  Up early the next day for our breakfast with the characters at Chef Mickey's!



Mom and dad at the fountain in Germany

Me and my LITER beer!
Our table in Biergarten

The entertainment!












1 comment:

Susan said...

This sounds like the most stuff I have ever heard of anyone doing in one day!Y'all are troopers.
When I went to Disney I was two years old--I think the Magic Kingdom was the only thing there was. LOL
There was no Epcot even.
Is all of the Epcot stuff in that big golf ball thing? I have always wondered that.