Monday, January 7, 2013

My Baby Boy

IS TURNING 5 ON THURSDAY!!!!  And I am not doing well with it at all.  I cannot believe that my sweet baby boy is turning 5.  5 means that he will be going to school in the fall.  5 means he may start to figure out that I am not as cool as he thinks I am.  5 means he may say that someone else is his girlfriend, not me anymore :(  5 means having to go to school EVERYDAY, not just 3 days a week and it means getting up earlier and going to bed earlier and he is NOT a morning person.  5 means other people will begin to have much more of an influence on him. 

Oh how is he already turning 5????  I have already cried several times about this and really I am getting teary-eyed writing this.  I know it sounds cliche' but it really does seem like just yesterday that we were bringing him home, staying up LATE with him while he cried with colic/reflux/etc.  Please time, slow down a little bit.  I am just not ready for this yet. WTH moms out there, is this normal to feel this way???  I really do not know how I am going to stand taking him to school on that first day, but you know that I would not miss it for the world.  I need help and advice please!!!  OK done with my sob story for today at least...

You all know how I love to string out/maximize a birthday celebration so we went ahead and started on Saturday with a trip to good ole CHUCKIE CHEEZE.  He wanted to have a party there but we did a compromise and went on our own and let him have Jackson come as a guest.  They had a great time but man that place was NUTS on a Saturday afternoon, what in the world were we thinking.  On Sunday, we went and got him a new bike/helmet. His other bike is just too small and that head just keeps a growin!    I cannot believe the things this boy can do.  Yes, I am a proud mama! 

We will bring cupcakes to PK on Thursday to celebrate there and then have a small celebration on Thursday night with mom and dad (Ceddy has to work).  Then Saturday will be the big celebration, a Power Rangers themed party at our house.  This will be his last BIG party where we invite all the family.  After 5, we will do a small family birthday dinner and then a friend party I guess.  Is this how others handle this? We have HUGE families on both sides and it is just to much to keep inviting the whole family year after year...    See what I mean about maximizing a birthday?  This boy will have been celebrating for a week once it is all said and done.  And that is the way it should be, he is worth every bit of it.

2 comments:

Susan said...

morgan,
this post is so true.
sometimes I look at Elena and Victor and it takes my breath away, it makes me gasp!!
taking them to Kinder makes you want to cry--and it was scary for me!!
Re: big parties..one year Elena said to me, "mama, I have had enough parties!"--It was the year she turned five! :)
He is so handsome!! Have fun celebrating!

Laura Smith said...

Making me sob!! I love my G man so much! He is our first baby. I'll never forget holding him for the first time...and then later as he scary screamed for hours...and then his first birthday party...and then....oh I love him!!