Saturday, November 27, 2010

The Big Day is Tomorrow!

Well, the end is finally here! I am scheduled for a C-section tomorrow morning at 7 AM, which means we have to be at the hospital by 5 AM (good thing I am a morning person and have not been sleeping well anyway!).....We are all very excited to finally get to meet Elizabeth, including Gabriel, although I am not sure that he entirely understands what is going to happen. The bags are packed, batteries charged and carseat is ready! So I guess we are all set! I am definitely ready to be un-pregnant, although I have to say this pregnancy has been MUCH better than my first. I am uncomfortable but not miserable and that really has made a big difference. Thank goodness too, I can't imagine having to be on bedrest with Gabriel around!

Cedric's last week of class is this week and he has an exam on Friday, so it is going to be kind of crazy around here. Thankfully my mom has taken off for the week to help take care of all of us! My doc says I can come home sometime on Wednesday as long as everything is going ok or I can stay until Thursday...I am thinking I will be ready to come back home as soon as possible. I know last time in the hospital it was very hard to get any real rest. Just when you would fall asleep they come in to give you some medicine, check vitals, etc. Plus I know I am going to be missing Gabriel (and Rocky!) and will be ready to get back to them!

I have had a wonderful week at home with Gabriel, here are a few highlights of what we have been doing:

1) Cedddy and I took Gabriel to Monkey Joe's on Wednesday. If you have kids and have never been, you need to go...They have all these HUGE bouncy things, slides, etc (when I say huge, they are big enough for grown ups to play on) and it is all inside and very reasonably priced. This is Gabriel's 2nd time and he just loves the place!

2) Friday we had pre-op at the hospital. Gabriel went back with me while I had to get some labs done and charmed all the nurses of course. He told me to be brave like he was when he had his flu shot! After that, Cedric had to go to class for the rest of the day. Gabriel and I hit Chick Fil A for lunch (one of our 2 favorite spots, the other being "Old McDonalds"), then I took him to the movies for the 1st time. We watch movies at home but never had been to the theatre with him yet. We went to see "Tangled" in 3D and he loved it, so did I! It was a very special afternoon for both of us and something that I will always remember.

3) Christmas stuff--we are finally all decorated and 90% of the presents are bought and wrapped. So I feel pretty good about that and can relax a little!

Well, guess this is it for now, will try to update later on this week with pics of our new baby girl!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Oh Morgan!! I cannot wait! :)
I hope that all goes well. Hang in there, you are so lucky that your mom is going to be there to help you this week. :) I am glad you and Gabriel got to share some special time too, before the baby comes. ...so sweet!
Get ready, busy Mama! Love you all!

Unmadebeds said...

Cannot wait! You are going to love having a little girl just as much as having a little boy! Hurry and get those pictures up so we can all see her beautiful face!