Sunday, January 3, 2010

Christmas Day 2009

Our Christmas Day started EARLY! After finally getting Gaby to bed after midnight, we got up at 6:15 to see if Santa had made a stop at our house. We had to poke and prod Gabriel to get him up, but once he saw his new big boy bike, he was all smiles! We played with all his new stuff for awhile and then Ceddy and I opened our gifts for each other. We decided this year to get bikes, which we have been wanting for a LONG time. We got a great deal on these the day after Thanksgiving. So we just did stocking stuffers for each other, sort of :) I got a new PAND*RA bracelet in my stocking, which I have been DYING for! Also got this PINK perfume from B and B which smells sooo good, a UNC badge holder for my work badge (which maybe I will start wearing now) and lots of other goodies. I love stockings! I also got a charm to go on my bracelet from Gabriel. It says "I LOVE MY MOM" and I just love it! Cedric got a Dallas Cowboys football from Gabriel, which he helped me pick out at his favorite store, TARG*T. He just loves to go there!

We stayed in our pajamas (notice my red union suit in the pics, I hope to convince Ceddy and Gaby to wear them next year!) and headed over to mom and dad's to open presents there. This is always so much fun and we all got way too much stuff as usual. It was so fun to see Jackson enjoy his first Christmas morning, I can't wait until next year when he will be Gaby's age and will be able to rip into presents on his own! We said we were cutting back this year, but it sure didn't feel like it. I got awesome new cowboy boots that I have been wanting for a LONG time. And a new red watch (now I have another accessory to coordinate with all my red shoes!)....Gabriel got John DEE*E boots, a stick bull to ride, and a gun/cowboy hat set from Zach and Nicole. When you ask him what he wants to be when he grows up, he says either a cowboy or a bull rider, depending on the day. I love this and wonder where this country boy in him came from?? Ceddy does have cowboy boots too though and he loves biggish belt buckles...maybe a combination from both of us....Gaby even has me dressing in a JD sweatshirt these days, who would have ever predicted that? We finished up with stockings and surprised mom and dad with stockings of their own this year. After that, it was breakfast and then we headed home to shower and get ready to go to Grandma Dot's for lunch.

At Grandma Dot's, we open presents first around 11ish, then we eat lunch. This was the 2nd year that we did sandwiches and appetizers instead of the traditional turkey, casseroles, etc. and I think this is great. You don't feel so sick after eating so much. Shanda made this delicious avocado ranch dip that I could not stop eating, I am going to try and recreate it for Gabriel's birthday party (and what do you know, it is green and will match the JD color scheme!). After visiting until around 3 or so, we got back in the car and headed to Gastonia to have Christmas with Ceddy's family.

This year Ceddy's family celebrated at Aunt Sherrie's house. Everyone was there except his sister who lives in New York. The menu was untraditional as well, lasagna and salad. I was still stuffed for lunch, so I made a salad. I did try the lasagna and of course it was GREAT. His family can cook, let me tell ya. I did miss the usual collard greens though :) We had a great time there and Gabriel got some awesome gifts, a huge giant floor pillow with guess what? A JD tractor on it! He loves it and brings it in to the living room to watch "TB" (TV)...not that he actually will sit still to watch TV but still he needs his pillow!

One last stop, Aunt Janie's...Gabriel slept in the car and when we carried him in to the loud house he did not even wake up! He napped for probably an hour or so and then got his second wind! We ended up staying until 10ish hanging out, trying to wear him out so he would go to bed when we got home.

All in all, we had a WONDERFUL day spent with our families! Thank you to everyone for all of Gabriel's wonderful gifts. There is nothing the boy could possibly want or need, he is SPOILED rotten by you guys! We are so lucky to have such wonderful big, fun families nearby to share our holidays with. Love to everyone and hope everyone has a very blessed 2010!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Morgan!
These are great pictures.
Sounds like y'all had lots of fun in Terrell!
Red Watch, huh? How many watches do you have...b/c I want another one and Andy swears that we each really only have to have one watch....:)