
First, let me just say that I LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR! The holidays just make me happy, period. I love Christmas lights, Christmas music, Christmas coffee creamer (my personal favorite is peppermint mocha), Christmas shopping, Christmas scented candles, decorating, wrapping presents...ok, do you get the point?? I definitely get swept up in all the Christmas hype, but as a parent, I want to do my best to make sure that Gabriel knows the true meaning of Christmas. We have been reading a book about the birth of baby Jesus and also I have been talking with him about the nativitys that we have at our house. We are planning on going to a live nativity in our town. We did several boxes for Operation Shoebox and I talked with him about them being for little boys that didn't have many toys. Also this year, we will be lighting the advent wreath at church on Christmas Eve. Anyone got any other ideas??
No comments:
Post a Comment