Friday, August 15, 2008

Our Last Week




Well, this was my last week at home with my sweet baby. I am having a hard time dealing with the fact that I will be leaving him next week for 7+ hours each day. I have spent pretty much 99.9% of his life so far with him and it is just tough. I don't want to miss anything. I know it will all be ok in the end and I do feel good about the preschool he will be attending. But I still don't want to leave him :( I go back to work on Tuesday. Cedric is off Tuesday, so Gabriel's first day of school will be Wednesday. Please think about me in the upcoming week, I need postive thoughts coming my way!

* Bam Update--Bam won his first two matches and then lost the third. The rules for greco-roman don't seem fair to me, and I got mad watching. If the score is tied at the end of a period, the person who scored the last point wins the period. The order you go is determined by a coin flip or in the case of the Olympics, a ball pulled. It just doesn't seem fair to me! This is how Bam lost. Then, since the person that beat him got beat, he didn't even get to compete for a chance to win the bronze. Overall, it just sucked! But we are so proud of him for making the Olympics!!!

*Monday, we took Gaby to downtown Mooresville to walk around...Not alot going on down there anymore. But, lucky for us, the Deluxe icecream place was open, so we stopped in for cones. Gaby had his first taste of Deluxe icecream and he LOVED it of course! He got mad when it was all gone.

*Tuesday, we had an Open House at his new school. Mom and dad went with Ceddy and me. Hopefully we impressed upon these people that there are many people who care about Gaby and they better take darn good care of him!

* Yesterday we hung out with mom and Pete. We went for a walk at our church and took Gaby and Rocky...Gaby wanted to hold the leash!

*Today, I am getting my hair done, then mom and I are going to take Gaby somewhere since it is our last day together--I know I sound pitiful about this and I am!!!

*This weekend, I am going to wash my car and try to relax (yeah right) and enjoy my last few days of freedom.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Oh morgan....
I have been thinking about you already!
Yesterday afternoon when my babies were taking their naps, i just sat on the couch and cried!
Lucky, though that at least on your first day, it won't be his first day at school too. that is a good thing.
....ugh....i will be thinking about you all day on tuesday.
we go back on monday.