Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Thankfulness....

for the fact that these last few days are over! Gabriel gave us quite a scare last Friday morning. This is honestly the first time I have been able to even think about it without getting upset. To make a VERY long story short, he choked in his sleep around 2:30 a.m.... Cedric had him breathing by the time EMS arrived and over the course of the last few days and one swallowing study later, he has been diagnosed with reflux. Doctors believe he choked on his own spit-up/stomach acid. He is now taking Zantac, just like what grown-ups take for reflux, and honestly, we are seeing changes in him already! Over the last 2 weeks or so, he had been extremely fussy after eating and seemed in pain each time. Also he was spitting up like crazy which was making a mess on him and me! From the time he was born, he has HATED being placed on his back and never would stay asleep when you placed him that way, he also has the hiccups constantly....all these things are symptoms of reflux. He started his meds yesterday and last night he slept from midnight until 8 a.m. THis is the first time he has ever made it longer than 4 hours or so!!! Today, he has not pitched a horrible fit after eating and seems to be a happy boy!!! So that has been our last few days and why I have such thankfulness that they are over!

4 comments:

Laura Smith said...

Thank the Lord! It was great to catch up with you and I can't wait to see you soon!!!! I love you and baby G so much!
Love,
Laura

Anonymous said...

We are thinking about ya'll. I just love that little guy, he's so sweet!
I might give you a call tomorrow--I might do some "sales calls" in Terrell, not sure though.

Susan said...

morgan,
that is great to hear.
i was just about to call you to see how all that went.
glad to hear they solved the puzzle.
susan

Michelle Day said...

I am so glad Cedric knew what to do! Thank God!!! How scary. I am so happy that you have some medicine that can help. Love ya girl!