Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Valentine's Week
We had a great Valentine's Day! Cedric surprised us by having flowers, chocolates, cards and a stuffed animal for Gabriel out on the dining room table when we got up in the morning...He snuck them out there overnight! Tulips for me, my favorite! We took Gabriel to the doctor at 11:30, he got a great check-up...he is now 10 lbs, 13.5ounces, which the doctor was pleased by..guess he is getting enough to eat now! He had to get 1 shot, but he did great and only cried for a minute or so..I think it bothered me more than it did him! Next time though, he has to get a round of shots, I am dreading that doctor visit already!!!
That night, my parents baby-sat for us and Cedric and I hit the Olive Garden, one of our favorite spots, for dinner. It was delicious and it was nice to have some time to spend with just the 2 of us. We had some tasty drinks, an Italian Margarita for me, and a Strawberry Mango Margarita for Cedric, his was tastier than mine, I must admit!! I want to learn how to make those for summertime. Friday, we took Gabriel to get his picture made at Olan Mills...he did soooo good, he didn't even cry at all and survived through 2 outfit changes! He is a pro at getting his picture made, good thing, because we like to take a LOT of pictures!! The pictures are adorable..we get to pick them up on March 3rd. Sunday, mom and I took him to church for the 1st time and he was a little angel, he slept through most of the service! He is really becoming more alert and vocal. He can hold his head up by himself and likes to sit up instead of laying down. He also tries to stand up all the time when we hold him. I am thinking of getting one of those Bumbo seats for him to sit in. Anybody got one or have an opinion on them??? I tried not to buy all the gadgets, but we have ending up with almost everything. Least favorite of his things has been the bouncy seat...he really prefers the swing, I think b/c he sits up more in the swing.
The only problem we are having right now is that he does not like to sleep in his own bed. He will be completely asleep on me or Cedric and when we put him down, he is awake and crying in a few seconds or sometimes minutes. He LOVES to snuggle and also seems to not like sleeping on his back. I am ready for him to be able to roll over so that he can choose to sleep on his stomach. So for now, I am just doing all that I can to get him to sleep in his own bed. It is tough, b/c at four in the morning when he is crying, I just want to put him on me on the sofa and go to sleep! Not to mention that I LOVE snuggling with him too! And who can blame him for not wanting to sleep alone when Cedric, Rocky and me are all snuggling in the bed together??????
Let's see.....I am working on his baby book today...probably will try to take a nap this afternoon when he does, since we were up to 3 a.m. last night! Tomorrow my aunt Janie is having her hip replacement surgery, so please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. She will be out of work for 6-8 weeks, so Gabriel and I plan on going to see her a lot when she gets home, I know he will be able to keep her spirits up!! Friday, we are headed to my school for a baby shower! It was supposed to be before Gabriel was born, but I ended up out of work on bedrest, so it was rescheduled. It will be fun to see everyone and I know everyone will be more excited to see him than me!!! Guess that's what happens when you are a momma :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am so glad you got away for dinner. You two were probably like "So....." Happy Anniversary!
morgan,
that all sounds fun.
he is absolutely gorgeous.
he has a great baby head--not square or flat etc :)
opinion on the seat: not a good idea...with those, they do not build up their own sit-up/trunk muscles as fast...
you know i have an opinion about EVERYTHING! :)
those pictures were great!
Post a Comment