Monday, November 19, 2007

Weekend Update and Baby Shower #2!!!

I guess we started our weekend on Thursday night...Cedric and I went out for burgers at Red Robin and did a little Christmas shopping....Friday night, we had a TV/movie night and just stayed in...we caught Grey's Anatomy and several episodes of the Sopranos..we are on Season 3 now, thanks Netflix!

Saturday, mom and I went to Best Buy..my parents are giving us a video camera for Christmas, so we went to get the one we have been looking at, it was on sale....Then of course we hit a few more stores and came home when my feet couldn't make it anymore. Then, mom came over to our place and helped me do some cleaning...it was supposed to just be cleaning the living room so we could put up the tree....2 hours later, she had the whole house looking awesome. Thank you mom! Sometimes, you really do realize just how much your parents love you...They are the only ones that can really put up with me right now, with all my complaining, tiredness and health issues. I know they are probably sick of me too, but at least they are sweet enough to hide it from me!!! That is true love for your child!!

After she finished the cleaning spree, with a little help from me, we finally put up the tree. We were both exhausted Saturday night! Just putting up the small tree this year, last year we had it in our dining room and had the HUGE one in the living room..We decided with everything going on this year and with the way I am feeling, we should probably just do the little one this year :( It makes me a little sad, but hey, there is always next year!

We had our 2nd baby shower for Gabriel this Sunday, held by the Sigmon family. Cedric wasn't able to come because he has taken so much time off work for his eye, and boy, did he miss a good time! And lots of good food! With all the bad things that come with being pregnant, I guess the one good thing is that it is the one time in a girl's life when it is socially acceptable to be a little fat!!!

We got all kinds of adorable stuff for Gabriel, but I think my favorite thing is the rocking horse we got from my mom and dad...It is so cute, and when you squeeze its ears, it plays music and makes horse noises and its tail wags back and forth! I love it! We also got our stroller/carseat (the one item you cannot leave the hospital without), lots of cute clothes, toys, CDs, blankets, bath stuff, bibs, etc. Now we have just got to figure out where we are going to put all Gabriel's new stuff!!! I hope that Gabriel is a UNC fan like his mommy, because boy, he already has acquired quite the collection of UNC stuff, including these adorable overalls!!!



Only more more day of school until Thanksgiving Break, thank goodness! I have not been sleeping lately and I am feeling pretty crappy...apparently, I have developed Carpal Tunnel syndrome in my right arm. According to my doc, this is another common pregnancy issue, but one I had NEVER heard anyone talk about. I have always heard about CT, but let me tell you, I can really sympathize now with those who have it. Basically, my right hand is numb and tingling and there is pain up to my elbow.My fingers feel very swollen and I cannot close my hand to make a fist or pick up things normally....Lucky for me, it is MUCH worse at night, and has kept me awake the last 5 nights or so. Last night, I was up at 2, back in bed at 4, and I may have gotten about 20 minutes of sleep before the alarm went off at 6:00. Really, the only thing that makes it feel better is to get up and walk around....Not exactly what you want to be doing at 2 in the morning! Talked with the doc today...Tonight, I have a really dorky wrist brace to sleep in and some Unisom sleeping pills. Keep your fingers crossed for me that it works!!! I am also supposed to wear the brace during the day at work, what a fashion statement!!!!!!!
AAAHHHHHH! Only about 6 more weeks to go!!!!!!

4 comments:

Susan said...

Hang in there girl. When I was going through all of that, all I could think was how have humans made it so long, what in the hell did cave women do when they had to get up, in the cold-a** cave to get an emergency glass of water? or they needed chapstick, or they had to pee five times a night? It is amazing! I wonder if gathering nuts induced carpal tunnel in those girls?

Michelle Day said...

Hey girlie. At least you decorated for the Holidays! I love seeing the little overalls!! Cute!

Laura Smith said...

Hey Babe-Moms really are the best and I know "Miss" Doris is so wonderful and excited too! The rocking horse is really cute. I can't believe you will have a baby soon! I really can't wait until I can see the nursery and the baby!
Love you so so much! Laura

Unmadebeds said...

Morgan, I'm so sorry about the CT! That kinda sucks! If you're bored around 2 or 4 any other night, give me a call. Hadley LOVES to be up then. In fact, maybe you should come live with me...you two keep the same hours so it would work out perfect.
I went back to work on Monday after 6 months...yuck! I'm so jealous of your up-coming maternity leave!